Having tests or treatment for cancer can be a very challenging and anxious time for people. The North Central London Cancer Alliance with its partners, Healthwatch, is exploring how local NHS cancer services can improve the information and support they provide to people with suspected or diagnosed cancer.
The aim of the 2-hour workshop is to co-design a resource for individuals so they have the information to help them at every stage from cancer tests, treatment and to living well after treatment.
This will give people:
- the right information and support which works for them, at the right time and in the right format
- support as they go through the steps towards diagnosis, or through treatment and care
- help with getting information to make decisions about their care with their healthcare team
- improved emotional and practical support that they may need
We would like to hear and gain insight from:
- People with personal experience of cancer
- Family/friends/carers of a person who has cancer
- People who have had scans or tests arranged through their GP or hospital, but were not diagnosed with cancer.
- People who currently use healthcare services for cancer care